3/28/2012

Amazing Love

A few days ago I was reading Matthew 26 and I am still amazed at something God opened my eyes to. If you read Matthew 26:47-56, you will see that it's talking about Jesus being betrayed by Judas and then He was arrested.

In short summary, Judas...who was one of Jesus' 12 disciples...*betrayed* Jesus by bringing men armed with swords and clubs and was commanded by the leading priests and elders to arrest Jesus. Judas told the men who wanted to arrest Jesus that the one he gave a kiss to, would be the One they needed to arrest (Jesus).

Ok, so this is what absolutely amazes me and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it ... after Judas gave Jesus the kiss to where the men knew who to arrest, Jesus says, "My friend, go ahead and do what you have come for." ~ WHOA!!!! Did you get that? Jesus called the guy who betrayed him to be arrested, beaten, and killed...*Friend*!!

It blows me away! But, that's Jesus! It shouldn't surprise me, but I think about people who have betrayed me and how far away I have been from calling them 'friend'!! Jesus says to love our enemies, but that doesn't mean they should be our friends... If we are Their enemies, that's their choice, but what a picture of amazing love and forgiveness this Scripture exemplifies!

I have seen a lot of people who don't believe in what the president, or government is doing...and that's ok if we don't agree. I can understand the anger that we may have when we hear about our loved ones being killed by gang members, radical religion extremists, or those who are simply filled with rage and anger. I know my own road rage that I have with people who ride my buttom or cut me off in traffic, let alone upstairs neighbors who are as loud as they possibly can be when I'm trying to study. :-) ... But, the God who lives within me, is wanting me to not only 'call' them friend...but Really allow my heart to be filled with the love He has for them....

His love is great...and if it wasn't, I honestly wouldn't have Any personal desire to love. His mercy has been extreme in my life...extreme and Completely undeserved...He knows that to the fullest extent, and some who have know me from my past know this to an extent as well. We may not agree with everything that others do or say, but does Jesus agree with everything We do and say? Does He loves us any less? No way! He wants our hearts to be filled with the aching to be more like Him...to display His love, but we are Human and life is a growing process. We all fail...I fail more than most believers!...and we all need a Savior. That includes the president, government officials, gang members, my neighbors, and myself....just to name a very few. But how much better would things be if we Truly loved the people like Jesus loves? That means no bashing. No bashing the authority that God has allowed to be in place. No bashing the people who hurt us, intentionally or unknowingly. No bashing those who bully our loved ones simply because they feel bullied on the inside and have no idea what the love of Jesus means, and the only way they know how to get their anger and hurt out, is spilling it out on someone else.

The pain that Jesus went through was for you...for me. He is alive now indeed!, but the suffering and turmoil *He* went through was Far greater than any of us can imagine. He put all of our turmoils and stupid ideas on Him when He was on the cross and they were so treacherous that the Father had to turn away and even Jesus...the perfect and holy God-man...cried out, "Father, why have You forsaken Me?" Whew!! He even Knew the plan! He was in so much anguish, as All *our* pain was on Him for that period of time. He died so we could spit on Him, betray Him, curse Him...and then find Him and surrender to Him. ♥ Amazing love ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment